Data Privacy: the church and you
Like all organisations our churches are subject to the General Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR) The Parochial Church Councils (PCCs), plus the Rector, are ‘Data Controllers’ and are required to identify the personal data that they hold, such as names, addresses, phone numbers & email addresses, and process it in a way that is fair and transparent.
There are many reasons why data might need to be collected and processed. Some of it a legal requirement, some is necessary for us to for us to carry out the mission of the church within our parishes, whilst sometimes we will need your consent.
Examples of occasions when we will need your consent are:
· for us to keep you informed of news, services, events and activities
· when we would like to use your details or photographs in our publicity materials;
· when volunteers or members of church groups share their contact details with one another.
You have the following rights in regard to your personal data:
· to know what data is held;
· to correct & update it;
· to have it erased where is it no longer necessary for us to hold it;
· to request that we stop processing it;
· to request that it be transferred to another Data Controller
· to withdraw your consent for it to be held where consent was originally given;
· to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please click here to view the full Data Privacy Notice.